A cool way to get stuff done

16 July 2015


Last month I met a woman who had just been to a deadline party. A bunch of friends set a date three months out and everyone picked a creative project, big or small, to complete in time for a celebratory dinner.

At first I was confused - a deadline party sounds kind of stressful but she explained that the party was like an exhibition opening where everyone had made a work. The party was something to look forward to and a friendly prompt to start and finish something creative, whether it was writing a series of short stories or tackling a complicated woodwork project. And there was no pressure to show off your work on the night, it was just a celebration for everyone who took part.

I'd love to know what you'd pick as a mini creative project for a deadline party. Planting a cute flower box (and keeping it alive) has been on my list for a long time, along with learning how to use a DSLR on manual settings.

P.S You might also like 'A party for your thoughts' from my friend Vanessa.

Photo by Wattle + Lace.

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I want a deadline party! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deadline party at my house! Tim tams supplied and Coopers too :) Miss ya

      Delete
  2. This is so up my alley! What to do, what to do?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great idea, isn't it! (I too was intrigued when I heard her talk about it.) I guess it could also work for one. Set a goal and a deadline, then reward oneself! Yay! That's what I'm going to do. A celebratory dinner for me (and husband, and kids).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea! Suits my inner introvert too :) I might set myself a goal and a cookbook I've been eyeing off for awhile as my reward.

      Delete