Autumn to do list

09 March 2017


The tree outside my bedroom window is suddenly looking very autumnal. Soon I'll be pulling out my comfiest flannel shirt and getting back into soups and baking. I have other plans too, I want to:

Add some new plants to our balcony garden

Our little garden struggled over summer, so I only had a few plants going. Now my pots are washed and ready to go. I'm going to plant spring onions and baby spinach again and try my hand with garlic.

Make hot cross buns

I found the best hot cross bun recipe last Easter (it's from this cookbook) and can't wait to make a few batches soon :) Mini Easter eggs also make any cake more festive.

Start a book.... and finish it

Remember all of those books I read in summer? I've since started a bunch of different titles and finished none. I'm going to scale it back to two - the latest Murakami and this Italian love story :)

Go for more long walks

We've been waiting for the weather to cool down so we can enjoy a few local walks and hikes. Top of my list is Tidbinbilla nature reserve. I'm already planning my picnic.

Sort out a winter exercise plans

I decided to wing it without a gym membership last winter... and ended up catching every cold that was going around. I'm hoping to find a couple of regular classes to attend and keep up my cycling so the change in temperature doesn't feel so extreme.

Make my annual apple pie

In 2016 I made a blushing apple pie, this year I'm going back to this classic recipe that delivers a crunchy sugary crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment